Skilled Representation In Spousal Support And Child Support Cases

Many parents going through a divorce or legal separation wonder how they will be able to afford living on one income when they have grown accustomed to a two-income household. Often, they seek financial assistance in the form of spousal support and/or child support.

My name is Mike Darlington. I strive to help individuals determine their financial needs for immediate and long-term spousal support and child support. Armed with over 30 years of legal experience, I will aggressively fight to obtain the maximum financial contribution you deserve.

Spousal Support Determinations

When couples file for divorce, spousal support, also referred to as alimony, may be granted. When determining whether or not to award this support, the court considers:

  • The length of the marriage
  • Any disparity of income
  • The standard of living during the marriage

Many variables affect potential support payments. As your attorney, I will use my knowledge of complex financial principles to maximize the support you are eligible to receive. Keeping in mind any tax ramifications, I will advise you about all aspects of your support payment case.

How Courts Decide Upon Child Support

California courts have determined children are entitled to receive financial support from both parents. A complex mathematical formula, referred to as child support guidelines, created by the state determines how much support is awarded in each case. The formula factors in such information as:

  • The number of children
  • The income of both parents
  • Amount of time each parent spends with the children
  • Insurance payments
  • Other support payments

When you are seeking child support, hiring an experienced lawyer who understands complicated financial information can make a significant difference in the result of your case. I have extensive experience in the mortgage, finance and banking industry, which grants me the ability to understand difficult mathematical formulas.

Helping You Obtain Financial Assistance

To learn more about alimony and/or child support, contact me online or call my office in Redding at 530-410-0858 to schedule a free initial consultation.

Credit cards are accepted.