Committed To Helping Individuals And Families
Family law issues are deeply personal, affecting not only you but also your entire family. Because each of these cases is unique, you need a lawyer who will build a strategy based on the specific facts of your situation.
My name is Mike Darlington. I provide aggressive representation to clients with family law issues. Having practiced law since 1984, I understand how vital it is for you to achieve a positive resolution to your legal issues, so you can move on with your life. Contact my offices in Redding, California, for a free initial consultation.
Wide Experience In Family Law Representation
I practice almost exclusively in family law. I represent clients in the full spectrum of family court matters, including:
- Divorce representation and legal separation — I have handled over 2,000 contested and uncontested divorces, including “gray divorce” involving older couples. I also help clients seeking legal separations.
- Child custody and visitation disputes — Using my vast knowledge and experience, I will fight to protect your custody and visitation rights.
- Restraining orders and domestic violence issues — Whether you have suffered or have been accused of committing domestic abuse, I will provide you the aggressive representation you need.
- Move-away petitions — I have represented parents on both sides of the contentious issue of relocating with the children.
- Modifications — I can strongly assert your position regarding a change in the custody order, parenting plan, child support or alimony.
- Child support cases — Utilizing my extensive financial background, I can help you make sure child support payments are fair and reasonable.
- Spousal support (alimony) — I can gauge whether the court would likely award spousal support and negotiate the amount.
- High net worth property division and divorce — The greater your assets, the more important it is that you proactively protect your wealth and property in a divorce proceeding.
- Complex property division concerning equitable distribution — Knowledge of intricate financial formulas allows me to maximize your share of the property.
- Separate property and debt guidance — My financial experience enables me to maximize your share of the community assets.
- Palimony and “Marvin” action representation — I help unmarried couples divide property and arrange support payments.
- Appeals of court decisions — I have successfully appealed unfair family court rulings on behalf of clients.
Whether you need an understanding counselor or assertive litigator, you can count on me to vigorously fight for what’s important to you — whether that be your children, wealth, freedom or future.
Dedicated To Defending Your Rights, Property And Freedom
I represent clients in Shasta County, including residents of surrounding counties who have family law matters in the local courts. I am available to my clients evenings and weekends.
Credit cards are accepted.